Texas Executive Women Jackie Greer Mentoring Scholarship
Thanks to TEW members and supporters, TEW offers scholarships to female seniors who are attending college as a first-year student and have participated in a TEW program.
In 1998, Texas Executive Women established the Jackie Greer Mentoring Scholarship, which provides scholarships for mentees graduating from high school to attend a university, junior college, or trade school. Jackie Greer was the first female officers of a major Houston bank, church and community leader who was passionate about helping young women in the Houston area. Linda Holt, who succeeded Jackie in running the program, shared: “Trust was not given easily, but soon the girls were converts to Jackie’s philosophy that ‘with pride and the right attitude, all things are possible.”
Young women who are graduating seniors from Galveston Ball, Aldine and Alief High Schools are eligible to apply if they have participated in the TEW Mentoring Program.
Scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors planning to enroll in a community college, college, or university, or a vocational or career education school acceptable to the TEW Mentoring Scholarship Committee. All scholarships must be claimed and funded no later than the end of the school year for which it is awarded, unless otherwise instructed.
Applicants for the Texas Executive Women Jackie Greer Mentoring Scholarship must meet the following criteria established by Texas Executive Women:
- Applicant must have participated in the Ladies of Excellence, Ladies of Distinction or Career Women of the Future mentoring program at her high school.
- Applicant must plan to enroll in a community college, college, or university, or a vocational or career education school acceptable to the TEW Mentoring Scholarship Committee.
- Applicant must be in “good standing” with their current school (not on academic or disciplinary probation).
- Applicant must possess a “B” average or better.
- Applicant must submit a photograph or headshot.
- Applicant must submit her application to TEW on or before Friday, April 29, 2022.