Carrie Potter creates and implements financial plans, business strategies, and pooled investment vehicles for professional athletes, small businesses, entrepreneurs, and women through The Carrie Potter Group and Potter Investment Advisors. Prior to launching CPG in 2006, Potter was Vice President of sports agency PMG Sports and Entertainment in Washington, DC. In 2020, Carrie created and continues to teach a Sport Finance course at Rice University in the Department of Sport Management. She is a Certified Financial Planner™ and a Registered Investment Advisor in the State of Texas. Potter earned her MBA and BBA from The George Washington University in Washington, DC.
In addition to her service and leadership of the Texas Executive Women Board of Directors, Potter also serves on the following non-profit Boards:
• Mercy Education System of the Americas: International education system governance board with delegated authority from the Institute of the Sisters of Mercy of the Americas to govern over 50 Mercy schools throughout the Americas.
• Mercy High School San Francisco Board member and member of the Property Task Force charged with selling the 6+acre school property in San Francisco.
• Women in Sports & Events Houston (WISE): Affiliate chapter of WISE National, serves as the leading voice and resource for professional women in the business of sports. Founding President (2015-2019), Treasurer (2015-Present) and Board Member (2015-Present).
• The George Washington University School of Business Board of Advisors: Executive Committee and Chair of the Student Experience Committee.
• Houston Area Women’s Center: Works to end domestic and sexual violence. Advisory Council (2019-Present); Chair, Board of Directors (2016-2018); Board of Directors (2009-2018), Vice Chair of Finance (2010-2015), Executive Committee (2010-2018).
Potter has received the following honors:
• Women Who Mean Business in Finance, Houston Business Journal, 2020
• Woman of Inspiration, WISE Houston, 2020
• Woman of Excellence, Federation of Houston Professional Women, 2020
• Houston’s Most Influential Women, Houston Woman Magazine, 2019
• Featured on Discovery Channel’s Garage Rehab with Richard Rawlings, 2019
• STEAM Role Model, Greater Houston Women’s Chamber of Commerce, 2018
• 40 Under 40, Houston Business Journal, 2017
• Women on the Move, Texas Executive Women, 2016
• American Leadership Forum, Class XXXIV
• Center for Houston’s Future, Class 34 and Co-Chair of 2018 Leadership Campaign