In 1998, Texas Executive Women established the Jackie Greer Mentoring Scholarship, which provides scholarships for mentees graduating from high school to attend a university, junior college or trade school. Jackie Greer was the first female officers of a major Houston bank, church and community leader who was passionate about helping young women in the Houston area. Linda Holt, who succeeded Jackie in running the program, shared: “Trust was not given easily, but soon the girls were converts to Jackie’s philosophy that ‘with pride and the right attitude, all things are possible.” As of 2021, we have awarded more than $730,000 in scholarships to graduates of the TEW Mentorship Program.
Scholarships will be awarded to graduating seniors planning to enroll in a community college, college or university, or a vocational or career education school acceptable to the TEW Mentoring Scholarship Committee. All scholarships must be claimed and funded by the deadlines established and provided to the scholarship recipients by the Scholarship Committee.
Applicants for the Texas Executive Women Jackie Greer Mentoring Scholarship must meet the following criteria established by Texas Executive Women:
- Applicant must have participated in the Ladies of Excellence, Ladies of Distinction or Career Women of the Future mentoring program at her high school.
- Applicant must plan to enroll in a community college, college, or university, or a vocational or career education school acceptable to the TEW Mentoring Scholarship Committee.
- Applicant must be in “good standing” with their current school (not on academic or disciplinary probation).
- Applicant must possess a “B” average or better to be eligible for the TEW Jackie Greer Mentoring Scholarship.
- Applicant must submit a photograph or headshot.
- Applicant must submit her application to TEW on or before Friday, April 29, 2022.
Required Documents and Attachments:
- Complete the online scholarship application.
- Upload a head shot in jpg format.
- Provide contact information for two references.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from your high school principal, teacher, counselor, or mentoring sponsor.
- Upload a transcript from your high school.
- Upload acceptance letters/offers of admission from school(s).
Please note: Only complete, online applications submitted by April 29th will be considered by the TEW Scholarship Committee. Please submit only one application and one set of required documents.